Benefits and Our City
Possible Benefits (for new employees):
- ISS books your flight to Stuttgart (from the place hired)
- ISS offers extensive relocation service through our HR Office as well as by using an external relocation agent
- ISS books a hotel room for you for the 4 weeks here in Stuttgart
- ISS pays a moving allowance
- Support in developing your German skills within a set budget
- ISS offers a life insurance (at no cost for our employees)
- Health insurance: ISS pays half of the premiums for the mandatory health insurance
- Both ISS campuses are very well accessible by public transport
- ISS subsidizes your public transportation ticket
- ISS subsidizes your private pension plan
- As a full-time teacher at ISS you are not required to pay tuition fees for your children - please note, that this is a taxable non-cash benefit, which would lead to higher taxes
Stuttgart is a safe, well-organized and green city with lots to offer culturally. The city is the economic, cultural, sporting and social hub of a region with more than 2.7 million inhabitants in the heart of Europe. Over a quarter of the city’s population are foreigners, making for an exciting multi-cultural landscape.
The physical landscape is just as varied with hills, vineyards, sprawling parks, mineral springs and forests. 25% of the area of the city is forested and cycling and walking in the woods surrounding the city or relaxing at one of the 19 extensive mineral spas are popular pastimes and easy to pursue all year round. Skiing is about two hours away in winter.
Stuttgart is the administrative and cultural capital of the state of Baden-Württemberg. Galleries, theaters, music venues from classical to jazz and rock, the state opera and ballet are all symbols of the cultural diversity of the city. The region is known for its high-tech industry and the city prides itself on being one of the safest in the world, due to low unemployment and crime rates.
Even if Stuttgart is a great place to live, moving to a strange country can be a daunting task. That is why we have a cooperation with a relocation company that provides a range of services for new staff coming to ISS from abroad.